Do you have a passion for wine? Join the Bench 1775 team at our beautiful Penticton winery. We offer competitive wages, product allowance and discounts on food and beverage, and opportunity to learn about the world of wine and a fun, dynamic work environment.
Interested in one of the open positions below? Apply by forwarding your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate the position you are apply for in the email subject line.
Tasting Room manager Wanted
This position will be responsible for all tasks related to the tasting room, wine shop, wine club member build up, social media and working collaboratively with the marketing manager for allocations and status updates.Read More
Tasting Room & Wine Shop
- Develop a fun, motivated and positive work environment.
- Operate the wine shop in low season (October 1 to April 30).
- Maintain proper inventory levels and wine shop cleanliness.
- Maintain a professional, welcoming environment where customers can learn about wine, taste and compare wines and purchase wines.
- Manage and maintain POS including creating products and controlling online inventories.
- Be familiar with grape production information and characteristics of Bench 1775 winery.
- Be familiar with all winery products.
- Manage wine shop in high season. Ensure wine shop has a good shopping environment and all staff can provide a high level of service.
- Hire and train all food & beverage and wine shop staff to deliver consistent exceptional guest experience.
- Maintain staffing levels to ensure exceptional guest experience, prepare and communicate work schedule for wine shop team and encourage a strong wine culture and quality image.
- Ensure procedures in place for tours, stocking, daily tasks, balancing, etc.
- Respond to customer enquiries in person, by email or over the phone in a timely manner.
- Handle customer complaints if necessary.
- Organize and coordinate events to ensure maximum efficiency in collaboration with the event manager and/or wine club manager.
- Maintain excellent relationships with tour companies and their operators.
- Develop strategies to increase club membership in the wine shop including team training, social media posts, and targeted emails.
- Prepare and manage inventory allocations and targets in collaboration with sales team.
- Contribute content to social media and promotions. Work collaboratively with the marketing manager to manage social media and website to ensure relevance.
- Liaise with Winemaker and GM on a scheduled basis to understand all business of winery.
- Prepare wineshop budget on a yearly basis.
- Collaborate with management team on new initiatives.
- ability to work weekends
- high attention to detail
- passion for people, food and wine
- previous hospitality experience at a supervisory or management level
- WSET certification an asset
- demonstrated team player with ability to work in high pressure situations.
- strong understanding of business and accounting practices, inventory and cost-controls
- computer knowledge, WineDirect, TOCK reservation system or equivalent
- excellent organizational , time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- problem solving aptitude
- Serving it Right
- Foodsafe an asset
- the ability to lift 40lbs and work on your feet for 8hrs/day
Bench 1775 provides
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical and dental benefits
- Product allowance and discounts on food and beverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and Development
- Opportunity to learn about the world of wine
Tasting Room Servers Wanted
Are you looking to start an exciting new career in the B.C Wine Industry? Bench 1775 Winery is looking for Full & Part time Tasting Room Servers to work this 2022 Season. Our Tasting Room Servers main role is to provide the best experience by engaging our customers with wine education through sampling Bench1775 Wines.Read More
We are looking for individuals who are organized, adaptive to fast paced environments and willing to learn. Shifts will require working on the weekends and holidays from March 2022 – November 2022. You must be physically able to lift items up to 50lbs and able stand on your feet for up to 8 hours. Reliable transportation is necessary as we’re located half way up Naramata road. There is no need to have previous wine training however the love for wine is a must!
Requirements- Serving It Right
If you’re interested, please forward you resume and cover letter to [email protected]