2 1/2- to 3 pound prime rib roast, tied
1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp fresh ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Allow prime rib roast to reach room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijjon mustard, garlic, pepper and salt in a bowl and evenly apply mixture to all sides of the beef.
4. Place the roast rib side down in a heavy stainless steel pan and cook for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325 F and continue roasting until meat thermometer reads an internal temperature of 120 F, or to desired doneness. Baste roast with drippings every 20 minutes.
5. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and cover filet with foil. Allow beef to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Transfer slices to plates and garnish with freshly chopped rosemary.
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.